August 27th, 2018
Is your life an ungodly maelstrom of white paper, scribbled notes and cardsleeves? Are you unfathomably excited when you discover the perfect meeple? Are your statblocks like unto the stones used to craft the Pyramids of Giza?
We want to share your creations with the world! If you’re designing a tabletop game, whether that’s a board game, a card game, or an RPG, we have the village at the foot of castle ready for you to unleash your Frankenstein.
Yes, we know Frankenstein was the doctor. Just go with it. And say hello to PAX Collaboratory!
PAX Collaboratory is a brand new space at PAX Aus dedicated to unreleased tabletop games. If you’re a designer with an unpublished tabletop game and you’re ready to unveil your promethean labours to the world, join PAX Collaboratory!
Here’s the deal:
If you’re making a board game, card game or RPG that you want to playtest with the public at PAX Aus, fill out this submission form with your game details and your availability at the show. If you’re selected to be a part of PAX Collaboratory, you’ll get a table and some valuable time to playtest your game with PAX attendees!
Here’s some additional info:
• Any participants invited to run playtests as part of Collaboratory will be given two 3-Day passes to PAX Aus
• Your game doesn’t need final art—handwriting on cardboard is totally cool at this stage
• PAX Collaboratory is strictly for non-commercial, in-development games, so no selling or pushing for crowdfunding
• Your game and demo times will be included on the PAX Collaboratory schedule
How to Apply
• Please complete this form with your name and the title and description of your game by September 16!