Developer: Mirari & Co
Publisher: Mirari & Co
Platform: PC (Steam, Epic Games Store, GOG)
Genre: Metroidvania, Soulslike, Platformer, Sci-Fi Horror
Developer: Mirari & Co
Dark Light is a Metroidvania souls-like game set in the future post-apocalypse world.
In an unknown era, the Earth was visited by god-like beings known as the Celestial Host, who arrived and terraformed the planet, heralding the peaceful and prosperous Golden Ages. The Celestial Host formed a lasting bond with Humanity, creating artificially-intelligent cyborgs to serve as its guides and mentors.
This utopia would abruptly end when the Dark Void arrived from another dimension. Like a virus, a plague, it is an otherworldly organism whose sole reason for existence is to corrupt and destroy everything it touches. Flesh and machine are both equally tainted by its presence and nothing is spared from the Dark Void's unrelenting spread across countless civilisations. This cataclysmic event precipitated the Dark Ages on Earth.
Humanity has been driven underground into subterranean cities- strongholds of human resistance holding out against the Dark Void which has claimed the entirety of the Earth's surface and turned it inhospitable and hostile to all life. Twisted and mutated creatures now roam its barren wastelands. 50 years prior, the Dark Void penetrated through the last fortified quarantine lines of human underground cities. The Undercity may have been breached, but Cargo Bay T140 still stands, becoming an alamo of human existence of the Second Dark Age.
As a Dark-Hunter you were dropped into this wrecked space. To survive, you need to equip yourself, fight through your way, collecting ‘shards’ from killing super nature creatures to reinforce your energy. Through surviving, you will explore the mysterious dark zones of the apocalypse world.
- Cinematic quality graphic, detailed characters and environment design, vivid animation with lush visual effects. Fast-paced action, challenging Souls-Like combat system. You must time your attacks, use your dodge and parry the enemy for maximum damage. Use your weapon’s special attacks, drone skills, or air combos to defeat your enemy in different situations.
- Explore a dynamic world with ever-changing enemies, and temporary power-ups totems that change each time you play through them. Acquire new drones through Factions, and bosses unlock your skill tree to grow permanently stronger. Take on nightmarish enemies and epic bosses from cyborgs to dragons throughout dark zones to get precious loot and upgrade materials you can use to customize weapons, drones, and character upgrades in multiple ways.
- A non-linear map structure allows you to choose your own path to explore the dark zones. Travel through a nightmarish, post-apocalyptic world and explore hand-crafted maps. Seek powers in an Underground city left by the ancient builders, and battle your way through gruesome castles made of flesh. Descend into machine temples buried deep in The Great Swamp in search of your own existences.
- Encounter horrifying supernatural enemies and fearsome bosses. Uncover the story and discover side quests. Meet mysterious characters, Join a Faction, earn their trust by doing Quests, and gain unique skills to defeat their rivals or kill them all.
- Detect invisible enemies and reveal hidden paths with a special light source from your drone.